- Avoid bold patterns, bright colours (e.g., red or yellow) and stripes.
- Neutral colours like navy blue and grey always work well.
- Form fitting & figure-hugging clothing is best to help compliment your appearance.
- In the corporate world company culture needs to be taken into account.
- Avoid jewellery pieces that overpower the portrait.
- All clothing should be clean, ironed well, and wrinkle-free.
- It’s a good idea to use eye drops to remove any redness before the session.
- How you feel on the day will reflect in the images. So take it easy the night before. Have a good night’s sleep so you look refreshed.
- Don’t take this the wrong way and any input is greatly received but you are paying me to do a job.
- Usually I will shoot tethered so you can look at the images as I take them. What doesn’t always appear to look good from the outside can be quite different from the camera lens.
- Portrait or Landscape? Generally landscape looks better. However Portrait tends to enhance subjects in suits or certain style tops e.g. V-Necks. Just bear that in mind.
- Everybody is different so bear in mind that I am not in control of how others (spouses, friends, colleagues, etc…) will react to your photographs.
Want to discuss a future shoot? Then schedule a 10-15min call so we can get to know each other, and I can see what you are looking for including any locations you are keen on. Plus, you can fire me any questions you might have. Go to calendar to set it up.